Sassoon patient tries to flee, falls off parapet, dies
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
55-year-old Kothrud resident was undergoing treatment for alcoholism; probe on
A 55-year-old man who was being treated at the Sassoon General Hospital died after he accidentally fell from the parapet wall of the hospital while trying to flee.
The Bundgarden police have identified the deceased as Sopan Chapaji Marne (55), a resident of Rambag Colony in Kothrud.
"He was under treatment
for complications due to alcoholism, and was kept in
ward number 13 on the second floor. In the early hours of
Sunday, he somehow escaped from the window and jumped on a parapet wall. He fell down from there as he was trying to climb down with help of a water pipe. We are looking into the matter," said D G Kulkarni, medical superintendent, Sassoon hospital.
Police said Marne made the escape bid around 5 am. He succumbed to his injuries sometime after he fell.
They have registered a case of accidental death.
Senior inspector Ukhaji Sonavane said further investigations were on.