Satyagraha collects Rs 11 crore on opening day, biggest ever opener for Prakash Jha
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Prakash Jha's political thriller featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor, Ajay Devgn Satyagraha has collected Rs 11.21 crore on its opening day, thus becoming director's biggest opener for the director.
The movie started well in the morning with seat occupancy ranging between 70 to 80 per cent.
Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures of the film's collection:
#Satyagraha grew steadfastly and robustly in evening/night shows. Collects Rs 11.21 cr on Friday. Prakash Jha's biggest opener thus far.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 31, 2013
The film's screen count was approximately 2400-2500 and it picked up towards the evening, according to reports.
Satyagraha targets the youth of the country and inspires them to channelise their anger in the right direction. It entertains you but at the same time, it leaves a deep impact in your mind. It is an emotional drama which leaves you with an optimistic, positive message," Ajay Devgn said.
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism