Satyagraha collects Rs 11 crore on opening day, biggest ever opener for Prakash Jha
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Prakash Jha's political thriller featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor, Ajay Devgn Satyagraha has collected Rs 11.21 crore on its opening day, thus becoming director's biggest opener for the director.
The movie started well in the morning with seat occupancy ranging between 70 to 80 per cent.
Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures of the film's collection:
#Satyagraha grew steadfastly and robustly in evening/night shows. Collects Rs 11.21 cr on Friday. Prakash Jha's biggest opener thus far.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 31, 2013
The film's screen count was approximately 2400-2500 and it picked up towards the evening, according to reports.
Satyagraha targets the youth of the country and inspires them to channelise their anger in the right direction. It entertains you but at the same time, it leaves a deep impact in your mind. It is an emotional drama which leaves you with an optimistic, positive message," Ajay Devgn said.
However, The Indian Express film critic Shubhra Gupta panned the movie, saying that it's all been-here-seen-this-and-that before.