Satyagraha: Prakash Jha exposes 2G spectrum scam
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The plot is thickening for Satyagraha which is all set to release this week. In fact the sources close to the film confirm that the film also more than just touches upon the 2G spectrum scam that had rocked the nation few years back.
"This was a closely guarded secret all this while since the makers (both Jha as well as UTV) didn't want any unnecessary controversy around the film. Just like the way they wanted to keep Raajneeti reference outside the equation, there were also strict instructions to one and all not to mention 2G in any interview or press conference," informs our source.
Now that the film is all set for arrival this weekend, one hears murmurs about Ajay Devgn's character attached to this controversy owing to the scam.
"In the film Ajay is playing a telecommunication Czar. He believes in greed as he feels it is really required for the progress of a nation. While one waits to see if he is the perpetuator, participant or a victim in this scam, fact remains that as a filmmaker, Prakash Jha would be making a hard hitting statement on this side aspect as well which, in reality, had involved numerous politicians, government officials as well as corporate bigwigs," the source adds.
Now one waits to see whether the filmmaker has taken an objective, subjective or peripheral call on the matter that is all set to open the Pandora's box once seen again on the big screen.