Satyagraha: Prakash Jha exposes 2G spectrum scam
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
The plot is thickening for Satyagraha which is all set to release this week. In fact the sources close to the film confirm that the film also more than just touches upon the 2G spectrum scam that had rocked the nation few years back.
"This was a closely guarded secret all this while since the makers (both Jha as well as UTV) didn't want any unnecessary controversy around the film. Just like the way they wanted to keep Raajneeti reference outside the equation, there were also strict instructions to one and all not to mention 2G in any interview or press conference," informs our source.
Now that the film is all set for arrival this weekend, one hears murmurs about Ajay Devgn's character attached to this controversy owing to the scam.
"In the film Ajay is playing a telecommunication Czar. He believes in greed as he feels it is really required for the progress of a nation. While one waits to see if he is the perpetuator, participant or a victim in this scam, fact remains that as a filmmaker, Prakash Jha would be making a hard hitting statement on this side aspect as well which, in reality, had involved numerous politicians, government officials as well as corporate bigwigs," the source adds.
Now one waits to see whether the filmmaker has taken an objective, subjective or peripheral call on the matter that is all set to open the Pandora's box once seen again on the big screen.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer