Satyamev Jayate member interviews victimís family
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
A member of the TV show Satyameva Jayate, hosted by Aamir Khan, Thursday met the parents of the Madhyamgram rape victim at the local CITU office here and interviewed them.
The identity of the person who took the interview could not be ascertained. Sources said he reached the CITU office, where the victim's family is putting up since Wednesday, after cremating the 16-year-old victim, and talked to the family members for about an hour. "The person sought an appointment and I said he was free to come and meet the parents. He came over and met them and took their pictures," said CITU president Shyamal Chakraborty.
On July 31 last year, a three-member team of the TV show had visited Kamduni to shoot at the village where a college student was raped and brutally killed.
Meanwhile, members of Kamduni Pratibadi Mancha, a forum formed to protest against the Kamduni rape and seek justice for the victim, also visited the Madhaygram rape victim's parents.
"We told the victim's family that we are with them and would want them to carry on with the fight against the rapists till they are punished," said forum president Bhaskar Mondal.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held