Saudi govt ignoring Indian Hajis, Azam writes to PM
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- BSF seizes fake Rs 2,000 notes amounting to Rs 96,000 along Bangladesh border
- Bad loan crisis continues: 56.4 per cent rise in NPAs of banks
- Kerala actress’s molestation: Rivalry angle seen, police probe role of people from film industry
- H1-B visa controversy: Centre likely to take up issue with 27 US lawmakers visiting India this week
Minister for Minority Welfare and Haj Azam Khan in a letter to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh has sought his personal intervention for redressal of the grievances of Uttar Pradesh pilgrims during Haj.
Khan, who has performed Haj this year, has blamed the Indian embassy and Saudi Arabian government for ignoring Indian Haj pilgrims mainly from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Khan has urged the PM for contacting the Saudi Arabian government to limit the number of Haj pilgrims and provide them all facilities for which payment is made by pilgrims.
Khan has also mentioned that the Indian embassy hires people from Pakistan and Bangladesh for working as drivers and for various other tasks and that they ill-treat Indian pilgrims. There should be a complete restriction on hiring such people.
He also stated that pilgrims from Kerala are given preferential treatment as Keralites are present in good numbers in the embassy and other posts related to management of Haj. UP, which sends the highest number of pilgrims, is given a step-motherly treatment, he has written, demanding appropriate representation of all states in the management of Haj pilgrimage.
- Pakistan is the site of conflict between two understandings of Islam. Let the music not fade
- Maharashtra civic polls underline the disconnect between urban governance and citizen
- India should resist the temptation of ideological correctness in engaging with Trump
- Digital education isn’t democratic, it creates deep inequalities between universities
- It is in India’s strategic interest to engage Afghan insurgents
- Trump’s America is a latecomer. It has much to learn from Vishwaguru India