Saudi man gets 80 lashes in front of mall for harassing women
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
A young Saudi man has reportedly been lashed 80 times for allegedly harassing girls in a shopping mall in Riyadh.
According to a report by local Arabic news site Sabq, a judge said that the ruling had to be carried out at the venue of the incident.
Several people were present at gate one of the shopping mall in Unaizah, north of the capital Riyadh, to witness the implementation of the verdict, Gulf News reports.
According to the report, Saudi authorities apply rigid rules of gender segregation to curb harassment.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness