Saudi man gets 80 lashes in front of mall for harassing women
- Army fight off terrorist attack on camp in Samba, operation still on
- Kasab never asked for mutton biryani, I cooked it up: Ujjwal Nikam
- He ‘harassed’ me, IAS officer Ravi’s batchmate told cops hours after his death
- Explained: Overshoot to kill
- Renuka Choudhary booked for allegedly demanding Rs 1.10 crore from Congress aspirant
A young Saudi man has reportedly been lashed 80 times for allegedly harassing girls in a shopping mall in Riyadh.
According to a report by local Arabic news site Sabq, a judge said that the ruling had to be carried out at the venue of the incident.
Several people were present at gate one of the shopping mall in Unaizah, north of the capital Riyadh, to witness the implementation of the verdict, Gulf News reports.
According to the report, Saudi authorities apply rigid rules of gender segregation to curb harassment.
They maintain that misbehaving with women is an offence punishable with jail terms or strokes of the cane, the report said.