Saudi man gets 80 lashes in front of mall for harassing women
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
A young Saudi man has reportedly been lashed 80 times for allegedly harassing girls in a shopping mall in Riyadh.
According to a report by local Arabic news site Sabq, a judge said that the ruling had to be carried out at the venue of the incident.
Several people were present at gate one of the shopping mall in Unaizah, north of the capital Riyadh, to witness the implementation of the verdict, Gulf News reports.
According to the report, Saudi authorities apply rigid rules of gender segregation to curb harassment.
They maintain that misbehaving with women is an offence punishable with jail terms or strokes of the cane, the report said.