Saudi man gets 80 lashes in front of mall for harassing women
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK remove KXIP openers in a hurry
A young Saudi man has reportedly been lashed 80 times for allegedly harassing girls in a shopping mall in Riyadh.
According to a report by local Arabic news site Sabq, a judge said that the ruling had to be carried out at the venue of the incident.
Several people were present at gate one of the shopping mall in Unaizah, north of the capital Riyadh, to witness the implementation of the verdict, Gulf News reports.
According to the report, Saudi authorities apply rigid rules of gender segregation to curb harassment.
They maintain that misbehaving with women is an offence punishable with jail terms or strokes of the cane, the report said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer