Saurabh’s double role makes Shahid nostalgic
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
It was in 2009 that Shahid Kapoor had essayed a double role, that of identical twins, Guddu and Charlie in Vishal Bhardwaj's hit Kaminey. Now as he is shooting for his next, Phata Poster Nikla Hero, it is his co-star Saurabh Shukla who reminds him of his role in Kaminey.
A persosn related to the project says, "Each time Shahid sees Saurabh Shukla on the sets, he gets nostalgic. And that is because, this time it is Shukla who is essaying a double role, that of identical twins!"
In this case of role reversal, the only difference is that while Shahid essayed a good and a bad character, Saurabh will be seen playing a gangster in both his roles.
Produced by Kumar Taurani, the movie presents Shahid Kapoor as a typical Marathi mulga, who lives in a rustic house along with his mother played by Padmini Kolhapure, in a small town of Maharashtra. The actor later movies to Mumbai.
Directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, the film stars Ileana D'Cruz opposite the actor. This will be her second Hindi film post Barfi.
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- At Dangs Darbar, tribal kings complain of neglect, apathy
- In a first, Centre asks NGO to monitor teacher education
- New high for TV news: Anchor announces news dept going on strike
- Pawar, Chavan to launch NCP-Cong poll campaign in Pune on March 18
- Gurgaon has highest number of young voters in Haryana