SBI, PSBs shares gain on GDP farming
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Shares in Indian public sector banks turned positive after April-June GDP data showed the farm sector grew more strongly than expected, easing worries of rural non-performing assets.
Farm output rose 2.9 in the April-June quarter.
State banks are seen particularly exposed to the farming sector.
State Bank of India gains 0.8 per cent, Bank of India rises 0.9 per cent, while Union bank gains 2.8 percent.
The benchmark NSE index falls 0.46 percent while the BSE index falls 0.25 per cent.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express