SBI to relook base rates early next month
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
State Bank of India (SBI) chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said on Saturday that the bank's asset liability committee (ALCO) will meet in early December to take a call on base rate cuts.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Bancon 2012 summit, Chaudhuri said: "The next time we meet in the first week of December, after we get the November net interest margin (NIM) numbers, ALCO will take a call."
The bank would hold discussion with the finance ministry next week on the much-delayed rights issue plan, Chaudhuri said, but did not disclose the issue size.
On Kingfisher, Chaudhuri said the company has given SBI no further updates since the USL and Diageo deal.