SBI to relook base rates early next month
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
State Bank of India (SBI) chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said on Saturday that the bank's asset liability committee (ALCO) will meet in early December to take a call on base rate cuts.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Bancon 2012 summit, Chaudhuri said: "The next time we meet in the first week of December, after we get the November net interest margin (NIM) numbers, ALCO will take a call."
The bank would hold discussion with the finance ministry next week on the much-delayed rights issue plan, Chaudhuri said, but did not disclose the issue size.