SBI to relook base rates early next month
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
State Bank of India (SBI) chairman Pratip Chaudhuri said on Saturday that the bank's asset liability committee (ALCO) will meet in early December to take a call on base rate cuts.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Bancon 2012 summit, Chaudhuri said: "The next time we meet in the first week of December, after we get the November net interest margin (NIM) numbers, ALCO will take a call."
The bank would hold discussion with the finance ministry next week on the much-delayed rights issue plan, Chaudhuri said, but did not disclose the issue size.
On Kingfisher, Chaudhuri said the company has given SBI no further updates since the USL and Diageo deal.