SBI to soon give mediclaim policy to its savings account holders
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
SBI chairman Pratip Chaudhuri on Tuesday said the bank will soon provide mediclaim policy to all its savings account holders. Chaudhuri said the mediclaim will be given to all savings account holders irrespective of the amount in their accounts. The details of the scheme are being worked out, said Chaudhuri, who had come to Lucknow to attend SBI General Managers Conference.
Talking to mediapersons Chaudhuri said SBI has decided to hold its GMs conference in Lucknow to reach out to the people of UP. On Wednesday, Chaudhuri will inaugurate the defence banking branch of SBI at Lucknow Cantonment and donate blood count machines to Purnanand Seva Sansthan.
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly
- Paris attacks: The loss of innocence
- How the AMU professor became a rallying point for LGBT movement
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself