SBI to soon give mediclaim policy to its savings account holders
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
SBI chairman Pratip Chaudhuri on Tuesday said the bank will soon provide mediclaim policy to all its savings account holders. Chaudhuri said the mediclaim will be given to all savings account holders irrespective of the amount in their accounts. The details of the scheme are being worked out, said Chaudhuri, who had come to Lucknow to attend SBI General Managers Conference.
Talking to mediapersons Chaudhuri said SBI has decided to hold its GMs conference in Lucknow to reach out to the people of UP. On Wednesday, Chaudhuri will inaugurate the defence banking branch of SBI at Lucknow Cantonment and donate blood count machines to Purnanand Seva Sansthan.
Chaudhuri also said the Credit-Deposit Ratio in UP needs to be increased and SBI was working on that. He said that a lot of credit was coming to UP but through the SBI branches outside UP as most corporate houses take credit from Delhi or Kolkata branches of SBI.