SC allows Rajasthan HC judge's daughter to marry man of her choice
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The Supreme Court on Monday directed the Rajasthan police to ensure safety of a Rajasthan High Court judge's daughter, who had complained against her house arrest by parents following her wishes to marry a man of her choice.
A bench led by Justice H L Dattu recorded the statement of the girl and allowed her request to let her go with the man she wants to marry in stead of sending her back to the parents.
The court noted that she was a major and had liberty in making choices regarding her marriage. The girl told the court that she loved her parents but wanted to accompany the man she loved. Subsequently, the court asked the police to ensure her well-being and let her go with Siddharth Mukherjee, who had filed a habeas corpus petition in the court.
Mukherjee had also attached with his petition the e-mails she had written to various authorities, including judges of the Supreme Court, high courts and police. The court had on the last date asked the Rajasthan police to produce her for recording her statement.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express