SC allows Sori plea to shift her to Jagadalpur jail
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed a request by Soni Sori, who has been arrested for alleged Maoist links, to direct the Chhattisgarh government for shifting her from a jail in Raipur to the Central Jail in Jagadalpur.
A Bench led by Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir accepted Sori's application after senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, who appeared for the state government, told the court that the authorities had no objections if she was again shifted to Jagadalpur jail.
The Bench has also asked the state government to ensure Sori is provided required medical facilities after transfer.