SC asks for papers relating to NGT chief’s appointment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked the Centre to place before it relevant documents pertaining to appointment of chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
A Bench led by Justice G S Singhvi fixed the matter for hearing on Thursday after Additional Solicitor General A S Chandhiok informed that the Centre had sought some "clarifications" from the Chief Justice of India over the recommendation of a sitting apex court judge for the post of the chairperson.
Observing that the recommendation was made in August, the court expressed its displeasure over the delay in the appointment of the chairperson and sought to know the reasons for a fresh consultation with the CJI. The ASG, however, said he was not in a position to respond for want of proper instructions. The court then posted the matter for Thursday, asking the ASG to bring relevant records with him.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18