SC issues notice to Centre, CBI, I-T dept over plea seeking to put Radia tapes on record
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Congress-RJD pact likely today; Kerala Guv resigns, may contest
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
The Supreme Court on Friday issued notice to the Centre, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Income Tax department on a plea to put the Radia tapes on record in connection with a PIL on Jet-Etihad deal.
Petitioner Subramanian Swamy sought to get the tapes on record in order to substantiate his accusations pertaining to illegalities in the civil aviation sector.
A bench led by Chief Justice P Sathasivam asked the government and others to file their replies within two weeks. Swamy cited the order by another bench that had flagged the contentions relating to Civil Aviation sector to the CBI for a probe.