SC judgement on education Act discussed
- India withdraws visa issued to Uyghur leader Dolkun Isa after Chinese protests
- Pakistan FS to visit India for Heart of Asia meeting; scope for bilateral talks
- Parliament LIVE: Uttarakhand crisis due to Cong's internal problem, says Rajnath in LS
- Chief Justice makes impassioned plea to Modi govt: Need you to act, don’t just criticise
- LIVE: 22.63 pc polling till 9 am in fourth phase of WB elections
Professor Virendra Kumar, former Director (Academics), Chandigarh Judicial Academy critically examined the constitutional perspective of the right to free and compulsory education as given under the Act of 2009 in the light of the recent three-Judge Bench Judgment of the Supreme Court.
He threw light on the judgement in a special lecture on 'The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education: Trials and Tribulation in its Realization' organised by the ICSSR North-Western Regional Centre, PU.
1 more dies of swine flu
Swine flu claimed another victim on Monday after a 34-year-old patient from Yamuna Nagar in Haryana, died at the Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32 on Monday.
Ganga Ram, who had been admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital since December 31, tested positive for swine flu on January 4. He died at the hospital.
The death toll in the city has now reached four including one patient from the city.
- Relieve the president of the thankless task of putting his signature to the proclamation
- Is Handwara the beginning of another scorching summer of discontent in the Valley?
- Maharashtra has not spent less on irrigation. The real problem is its high cost
- Kipling’s Burma and Myanmar’s Kipling
- Next Door Nepal -- China is welcome, India is not
- This govt has men, women ready to shoot to kill even without orders