SC orders transfer of 3 HC judges
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
Keeping in view the "public interest", the Supreme Court has ordered transfer of three Punjab and Haryana High Court judges. An official communication seeking their "views/response" over the station where they have been transferred to has been received by the three judges.
The three are Justice Ashutosh Mohunta, Justice Vinod Kumar Sharma and Justice H S Bhalla. While the Supreme Court collegium has decided to transfer Justice Mohunta to Andhra Pradesh, Justice Vinod Kumar Sharma and Justice H S Bhalla are likely to join Madras and Orissa High Courts, respectively. Sources said a judge of the Madras High Court will soon be transferred to the Punjab and Haryana High Court. Justice Ranjan Gogoi of the Gauhati High Court will be administered oath as Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge on September 9.
Justice Gogoi, who is the first puisne Judge at Gauhati High Court, will become the first puisne Judge of Punjab and Haryana High Court after retirement of Justice Mehtab Singh Gill in October this year.