SC orders transfer of 3 HC judges
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Keeping in view the "public interest", the Supreme Court has ordered transfer of three Punjab and Haryana High Court judges. An official communication seeking their "views/response" over the station where they have been transferred to has been received by the three judges.
The three are Justice Ashutosh Mohunta, Justice Vinod Kumar Sharma and Justice H S Bhalla. While the Supreme Court collegium has decided to transfer Justice Mohunta to Andhra Pradesh, Justice Vinod Kumar Sharma and Justice H S Bhalla are likely to join Madras and Orissa High Courts, respectively. Sources said a judge of the Madras High Court will soon be transferred to the Punjab and Haryana High Court. Justice Ranjan Gogoi of the Gauhati High Court will be administered oath as Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge on September 9.
Justice Gogoi, who is the first puisne Judge at Gauhati High Court, will become the first puisne Judge of Punjab and Haryana High Court after retirement of Justice Mehtab Singh Gill in October this year.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first