SC rejects ex-DSP plea against life term
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed an appeal by former deputy superintendent of police R Shaji against the High Court verdict of sentencing him to life in a 2005 murder case. The apex court found the evidence sufficient to securing his conviction in the case.
According to the prosecution, Shaji, then serving DSP (Administration), Malappuram and four others had abducted 24-year-old Praveen, strangled him, and then tried to dispose of the body by hacking it and discarding it at different places.