SC stays Gujarat HC order on Mundra SEZ
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The Supreme Court has stayed the Gujarat High Court order stopping commercial operations and development activities of 12 companies at the Mundra Port Special Economic Zone (MPSEZ) pending environment clearances from the environment ministry.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued notice and sought response of villagers of Navinal in Mundra taluka of Kutch district on whose petition the high court had on Thursday passed the order staying the operations in SEZ.
Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi and advocate Mahesh Aggarwal had mentioned the hurriedly-filed appeal before the bench, also comprising justices AR Dave and Vikramajit Sen.