SC stays Gujarat HC order on Mundra SEZ
- Gandhinagar thrust on sulking Advani, Modi given Vadodara as back-up seat
- âISIâs Pasha knew where Osama hid, Lashkarâs Saeed was in touch with himâ
- Donât think CBI has all the facts on Bhave case, says Chidambaram
- Sri Sri wisdom for followers: Lakshmi always rides on lotus
- 2 in Muzaffarnagar riot FIRs get BJP tickets, one says have to deliver for Modi
The Supreme Court has stayed the Gujarat High Court order stopping commercial operations and development activities of 12 companies at the Mundra Port Special Economic Zone (MPSEZ) pending environment clearances from the environment ministry.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued notice and sought response of villagers of Navinal in Mundra taluka of Kutch district on whose petition the high court had on Thursday passed the order staying the operations in SEZ.
Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi and advocate Mahesh Aggarwal had mentioned the hurriedly-filed appeal before the bench, also comprising justices AR Dave and Vikramajit Sen.
- It’s cheaper: Dealers import rickshaw parts from China, assemble them here
- BJP leader red flags party’s Machhlishahar choice
- No party from Northeast front will back Cong, says Sangma
- India to send reconnaissance planes to South Indian Ocean
- High Court pulls up govt: Stop passing the buck, regulate city’s e-rickshaws
- Lights out for UAE after Ireland loss