SC stays Gujarat HC order on Mundra SEZ
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The Supreme Court has stayed the Gujarat High Court order stopping commercial operations and development activities of 12 companies at the Mundra Port Special Economic Zone (MPSEZ) pending environment clearances from the environment ministry.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued notice and sought response of villagers of Navinal in Mundra taluka of Kutch district on whose petition the high court had on Thursday passed the order staying the operations in SEZ.
Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi and advocate Mahesh Aggarwal had mentioned the hurriedly-filed appeal before the bench, also comprising justices AR Dave and Vikramajit Sen.