SC stays Gujarat HC order on Mundra SEZ
- Coal scam: SC stays summons for Ex-PM Manmohan Singh, P C Parakh, K M Birla
- Leave Delhi: That’s what doctors are prescribing to patients with serious respiratory ailments
- Poster girl of India's tobacco battle Sunita Tomar dies
- Re-promulgation of land ordinance with 9 changes gets Cabinet nod
- Panic spreads as more rain forecast for Valley today
The Supreme Court has stayed the Gujarat High Court order stopping commercial operations and development activities of 12 companies at the Mundra Port Special Economic Zone (MPSEZ) pending environment clearances from the environment ministry.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued notice and sought response of villagers of Navinal in Mundra taluka of Kutch district on whose petition the high court had on Thursday passed the order staying the operations in SEZ.
Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi and advocate Mahesh Aggarwal had mentioned the hurriedly-filed appeal before the bench, also comprising justices AR Dave and Vikramajit Sen.