SC verdict on Italian marinesí pleas today
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Mohan Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The Supreme Court will on Friday pronounce its verdict on the petitions by the Italian government and its two marines, challenging their trial in India for allegedly killing two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast in February last year.
A Bench led by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir had reserved the judgment in September last after counsel for the Italy wrapped up their arguments in the case with dubbing it as an "unusual" situation where the Indian government was "unreasonably" insisting on trying the two marines here without any jurisdiction.
Both the Centre and the Kerala government have argued in the court that Indian courts had the territorial jurisdiction to deal with the case as the incident had occurred in their territorial waters.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress