SC verdict on Italian marinesí pleas today
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The Supreme Court will on Friday pronounce its verdict on the petitions by the Italian government and its two marines, challenging their trial in India for allegedly killing two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast in February last year.
A Bench led by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir had reserved the judgment in September last after counsel for the Italy wrapped up their arguments in the case with dubbing it as an "unusual" situation where the Indian government was "unreasonably" insisting on trying the two marines here without any jurisdiction.