SC verdict on Italian marinesí pleas today
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
The Supreme Court will on Friday pronounce its verdict on the petitions by the Italian government and its two marines, challenging their trial in India for allegedly killing two Indian fishermen off Kerala coast in February last year.
A Bench led by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir had reserved the judgment in September last after counsel for the Italy wrapped up their arguments in the case with dubbing it as an "unusual" situation where the Indian government was "unreasonably" insisting on trying the two marines here without any jurisdiction.
Both the Centre and the Kerala government have argued in the court that Indian courts had the territorial jurisdiction to deal with the case as the incident had occurred in their territorial waters.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'