Scarlett Johansson nude photo hacker jailed for ten years
- PM Narendra Modi in Mongolia for second leg of three-nation tour
- Shakuntala Gamlin takes charge as Delhi Chief Secretary defying CM Kejriwal's request
- Egypt's ousted president Mohammed Morsi sentenced to death
- Airtel secures USD 2.5 billion Chinese financing deals
- KEM hospital nurse, Aruna Shanbaug continues to be in critical condition
A man, who hacked the email accounts of stars including Scarlett Johansson and Christina Aguilera has been jailed.
Christopher Chaney, who leaked nude pictures of Johansson that were meant for her then-husband Ryan Reynolds, was sentenced to ten years in prison, reported TMZ online.
The 35-year-old targeted over 50 people in the entertainment industry, including Mila Kunis. He pleaded guilty to charges including wiretapping and unauthorised access to a computer.
Chaney leaked photos of Aguilera after sending an email from the account of her stylist, Simone Harouche, asking for scantily clad images.
The singer said ahead of his sentencing, "That feeling of security can never be given back and there is no compensation that can restore the feeling one has from such a large invasion of privacy."
US District Judge S James Otero sentenced Chaney in LA following a video statement from Johansson.
Aguilera, Kunis and Johansson agreed to have their identities made public to raise awareness about online intrusion.
Chaney had also targeted two women he knew. He was originally arrested in October.