Scarlett Johansson's film lessons for Eddie Redmayne
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
"Hitchcock" star Scarlett Johansson turned British star Eddie Redmayne a film buff after drawing up a list of movies she felt he should see.
The 28-year-old blonde beauty left Redmayne red-faced on the set of "The Other Boleyn Girl" in 2008 when she discovered he had never seen the Cohen Brothers' cult movie "The Big Lebowski" or any Woody Allen films, and made it her business to educate him in some of cinema's best classics, reported OK magazine.
"I was doing the film the other Boleyn girl with Scarlett Johansson and she was like, 'You know that bit in 'The Big Lebowski'?' And I was like, 'I haven't seen the 'Big Lebowski'.' She's like, 'You haven't seen 'The Big Lebowski'?" Redmayne said.
"'You know that bit in that Woody Allen film?' I was like, at what point do I lie and pretend that I've seen it? She's like, 'What have you seen?' And I was like, 'Well I started out in theatre...' So Scarlett accrued from all the guys working on that film a list of films that I should watch," he added.
Johansson's persistence has paid off as Redmayne is determined to do better with his film viewing.
"I've slowly been working my way through," he added.