Scarlett Johansson's onstage wardrobe malfunction
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Actress Scarlett Johansson was left red-faced during rehearsals for her new Broadway play when her costume accidentally unzipped onstage.
The "Avengers" star is starring in a revival of Tennessee Williams' 'Cat On A Hot Tin Roof' playing Maggie, the role made famous by Dame Elizabeth Taylor in the 1958 film version, reported Daily Star.
Johansson's co-star Debra Monk has revealed the actress came unstuck during a recent rehearsal when the zipper on her dress broke, and she was forced to make a speedy change in front of the rest of the cast.
However, Monk insists Johansson wasn't fazed by the incident and carried on saying her lines as she fixed her clothes.
"Scarlett's a wonderful actress. Here's what a professional she is. Last night, onstage, her stunningly made beautiful yellow dress zipper broke. Middle of her scene, she walks off and grabs another antique prop dress nobody wears.
"The zipper jammed halfway, and she couldn't close the rest, yet she did her lines. Never missed a beat. While onstage, I just walked over and quietly zipped her up. Tough gutsy gal," Monk said.
The play opened for previews at the Richard Rodgers Theatre in Manhattan on December 18 and the curtain officially goes up next month.