Scarlett Johansson's onstage wardrobe malfunction
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Actress Scarlett Johansson was left red-faced during rehearsals for her new Broadway play when her costume accidentally unzipped onstage.
The "Avengers" star is starring in a revival of Tennessee Williams' 'Cat On A Hot Tin Roof' playing Maggie, the role made famous by Dame Elizabeth Taylor in the 1958 film version, reported Daily Star.
Johansson's co-star Debra Monk has revealed the actress came unstuck during a recent rehearsal when the zipper on her dress broke, and she was forced to make a speedy change in front of the rest of the cast.
However, Monk insists Johansson wasn't fazed by the incident and carried on saying her lines as she fixed her clothes.
"Scarlett's a wonderful actress. Here's what a professional she is. Last night, onstage, her stunningly made beautiful yellow dress zipper broke. Middle of her scene, she walks off and grabs another antique prop dress nobody wears.
"The zipper jammed halfway, and she couldn't close the rest, yet she did her lines. Never missed a beat. While onstage, I just walked over and quietly zipped her up. Tough gutsy gal," Monk said.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms