Scheme opens, but no forms outside Mohali
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The much-awaited scheme to buy a residential plot in the upcoming Aerocity opened on Monday, but to the disappointment of many who could not get the application forms.
Forms were available only at the Mohali branches of banks authorised to sell and collect the forms. Branches outside Mohali, even in Chandigarh, did not have the forms.
An official at the Punjab National Bank, Sector 17-B, Chandigarh, said the branch had not got the forms yet. He directed people to their Mohali Phase-VII branch.
Similarly, the Union Bank of India (UBI) in Kharar did not have the forms and people were asked to go to the bank's branch in Phase V, Mohali.
"In the list of authorised banks, UBI was the only bank in Kharar. But now I have to go all the way to Mohali to get the form," Satwinder Kaur, a septuagenarian who had come from a village 10 kilometres from Kharar, said.
After it was brought to his notice, Vivek Partap Singh, Chief Administrator (CA) of the Greater Mohali Area Development Authority (GMADA), said the bank officials would be summoned on Tuesday and asked to ensure availability of forms at all authorised branches.
"We received demand of more forms from several banks today. We will supply them soon," he said.
Also, the CA asked senior officials of the State Bank of India to make the forms available at the bank's branches abroad. "We wanted to take the entire process online, but could not do it," Singh said. He added that such schemes in future would be offered online.
'The response is very good'
The Punjab Gramin Bank in Bakarpur village, the only village branch authorised to sell the application forms, took the lead in selling the maximum number of forms (over 1,000) on the first day. Maximum land for Aerocity was acquired in this village.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2