Schism apart, Nitin Gadkari touches Advani's feet
- By taking my passport or arresting me, they are not getting any money: Mallya
- BJP MP Swamy challenges expunging of his comments in Rajya Sabha
- Gujarat announces 10 per cent EBC quota, will apply to all whose annual family income is Rs 6 lakh or less
- Cabinet, BJP rejig around May 19 when state results come in
- Middleman left country day after CBI opened probe, trail leads to doors of Cong bigwigs: Minister Prasad
Nitin Gadkari on Thursday met L K Advani, who is apparently unhappy over the BJP President's continuance in his post, to wish him on his birthday.
Gadkari met Advani at his residence. The meeting between the two lasted for 15 minutes.
Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly, who was present on the occasion, said, "The atmosphere was very cordial when Gadkari met Advani. Gadkari touched Advani's feet and sought his blessings".
The meeting comes against the backdrop of divisions persisting within BJP over the continuance of Gadkari as its president even as its Core Group on Tuesday yet again stood behind him insisting that there was "no legal or moral wrongdoing" by him in the running of his company.
However, Advani had kept away from the party's Core Group and General Secretaries meeting as he was apparently unhappy over Gadkari's continuance in the post.
Gadkari has been under attack from various quarters after a media expose of the alleged dubious funding of a company run by him. He has refused to quit as BJP chief maintaining that he has offered himself for any probe on the issue.
- India’s jobless growth is undermining its ability to reap the demographic dividend
- They may harm rather than preserve religious freedom
- Increased public expenditure on health, education be considered to assess poverty
- Obama did make a studied effort to emerge as a forward-looking world statesman
- It is clear now that Pakistan generals are unimpressed by the Modi initiative
- Governance in Kerala is superior to that in Bihar. State rankings are a fraught exercise