Schism apart, Nitin Gadkari touches Advani's feet
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Nitin Gadkari on Thursday met L K Advani, who is apparently unhappy over the BJP President's continuance in his post, to wish him on his birthday.
Gadkari met Advani at his residence. The meeting between the two lasted for 15 minutes.
Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly, who was present on the occasion, said, "The atmosphere was very cordial when Gadkari met Advani. Gadkari touched Advani's feet and sought his blessings".
The meeting comes against the backdrop of divisions persisting within BJP over the continuance of Gadkari as its president even as its Core Group on Tuesday yet again stood behind him insisting that there was "no legal or moral wrongdoing" by him in the running of his company.
However, Advani had kept away from the party's Core Group and General Secretaries meeting as he was apparently unhappy over Gadkari's continuance in the post.
Gadkari has been under attack from various quarters after a media expose of the alleged dubious funding of a company run by him. He has refused to quit as BJP chief maintaining that he has offered himself for any probe on the issue.
Meanwhile, party workers today gathered at Advani's residence to greet him on his 85th birthday.