Schism apart, Nitin Gadkari touches Advani's feet
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Nitin Gadkari on Thursday met L K Advani, who is apparently unhappy over the BJP President's continuance in his post, to wish him on his birthday.
Gadkari met Advani at his residence. The meeting between the two lasted for 15 minutes.
Delhi BJP leader Vijay Jolly, who was present on the occasion, said, "The atmosphere was very cordial when Gadkari met Advani. Gadkari touched Advani's feet and sought his blessings".
The meeting comes against the backdrop of divisions persisting within BJP over the continuance of Gadkari as its president even as its Core Group on Tuesday yet again stood behind him insisting that there was "no legal or moral wrongdoing" by him in the running of his company.
However, Advani had kept away from the party's Core Group and General Secretaries meeting as he was apparently unhappy over Gadkari's continuance in the post.
Gadkari has been under attack from various quarters after a media expose of the alleged dubious funding of a company run by him. He has refused to quit as BJP chief maintaining that he has offered himself for any probe on the issue.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China