Scholarship named after Amitabh Bachchan in Melbourne
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
Over the years, legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan has received numerous accolades for his performance in films. Now we hear that the La Trobe University in Australia will be naming a scholarship after the actor, calling it the 'Shri Amitabh Bachchan Scholarship'.
The announcement of the said scholarship will come post the culmination of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) which features Amitabh Bachchan as the special guest. At the festival, Bachchan will also be honored with IFFM's 'International Screen Icon' award, by the Victorian Government, and the 'Ambassador of Goodwill' award from the Vice Chancellor of La Trobe University during his stay in Melbourne. The festival will also host a retrospective of Amitabh Bachchan's films at the city's prestigious Federation Square in his honour.