Scholarship named after Amitabh Bachchan in Melbourne
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Over the years, legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan has received numerous accolades for his performance in films. Now we hear that the La Trobe University in Australia will be naming a scholarship after the actor, calling it the 'Shri Amitabh Bachchan Scholarship'.
The announcement of the said scholarship will come post the culmination of the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) which features Amitabh Bachchan as the special guest. At the festival, Bachchan will also be honored with IFFM's 'International Screen Icon' award, by the Victorian Government, and the 'Ambassador of Goodwill' award from the Vice Chancellor of La Trobe University during his stay in Melbourne. The festival will also host a retrospective of Amitabh Bachchan's films at the city's prestigious Federation Square in his honour.