School faces action over appointment of principal ‘past retirement age’
- Hyderabad University on the boil: 'Kanhaiya won't be allowed to enter HCU campus'
- Brussels attack: Two suspects identified as Khalid and Brahim Bakraoui
- No achche din: PM Modi under fire as middle class hit hard due to rising costs
- Chhattisgarh: Latest journalist arrest is for a WhatsApp dig at a cop
- Mehbooba Mufti set to be J&K CM after meeting with PM Modi
Nana Kute Patil of Buland Chhawa, the NGO which filed the complaint, said, "Many non-state board schools are in the practice of appointing retired candidates at the post of principals. I had filed an RTI query on the same with 39 private non-state board schools. The very first information I got was from St Mary's school ICSE. I immediately reported the matter to the education department on December 26, 2012. The education department must immediately inspect other schools, too."
Misquitta claimed that several non-SSC schools have principals who are over 58, both in Maharastra and elsewhere.
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on
- When Bhagat Singh’s clarion call ‘Inquilab Zindabad’, it was voluntarily accepted
- Delhi needs an authority suitably empowered and responsible for safe drinking water
- And what are Kanhaiya's credentials for being catapulted to this superhero status?
- In Bangladesh’s diminishing democratic space, a prominent editor is at the receiving end
- Supreme Court has the opportunity to enforce the true Islamic law on divorce