School faces action over appointment of principal ‘past retirement age’
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
Nana Kute Patil of Buland Chhawa, the NGO which filed the complaint, said, "Many non-state board schools are in the practice of appointing retired candidates at the post of principals. I had filed an RTI query on the same with 39 private non-state board schools. The very first information I got was from St Mary's school ICSE. I immediately reported the matter to the education department on December 26, 2012. The education department must immediately inspect other schools, too."
Misquitta claimed that several non-SSC schools have principals who are over 58, both in Maharastra and elsewhere.