School guard arrested for molesting 3-year-old kindergarten student
- Telangana LIVE: Process adopted to divide Andhra Pradesh unfortunate, Cong alone can't be blamed, says Chiranjeevi
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Andhra: Three girls of a family abducted, set ablaze by uncle
Lured her by offering her food and took her to a park, security guard from neighbouring school caught him
A three-year-old girl, who is a kindergarten student at school in Vasant Kunj (North), was molested by the security guard of the school, police said on Wednesday.
Raju was caught by the security guard of another school in the neighbourhood and later handed to police. He has been arrested and is in 14-day judicial custody at Tihar Jail.
After school hours on December 22, Raju lured the child after offering her food and took her to a secluded park in the area, police said.
In his statement to police, the guard who caught Raju said: "A man who works as driver told me that someone was misbehaving with a child in Vasant Vatika park, which is next to the school. I immediately went to the spot and saw that a man was sitting naked inside a dry pool with the girl."
The guard told police that Raju had stripped the child, made her sit on his lap and was trying to molest her. "The girl was holding Rs 30 in her hand and was crying. I rushed to her rescue. On seeing me, the accused tried to leave the girl and flee but I chased him and caught hold of his collar. I slapped the accused and also made a PCR call."
The statement said: "The child was carrying a school bag and a water bottle. The accused told me that he lured the girl by offering her boiled eggs."
A case of molestation has been registered against Raju.
A police source said: "The parents of the child were called and a medical examination was conducted to ascertain if the accused had attempted rape. The report stated that she was not raped. It was found that the accused was misbehaving with the girl by touching her inappropriately."
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state