School guard arrested for molesting 3-year-old kindergarten student
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: DD draw first blood, McCullum departs early
Lured her by offering her food and took her to a park, security guard from neighbouring school caught him
A three-year-old girl, who is a kindergarten student at school in Vasant Kunj (North), was molested by the security guard of the school, police said on Wednesday.
Raju was caught by the security guard of another school in the neighbourhood and later handed to police. He has been arrested and is in 14-day judicial custody at Tihar Jail.
After school hours on December 22, Raju lured the child after offering her food and took her to a secluded park in the area, police said.
In his statement to police, the guard who caught Raju said: "A man who works as driver told me that someone was misbehaving with a child in Vasant Vatika park, which is next to the school. I immediately went to the spot and saw that a man was sitting naked inside a dry pool with the girl."
The guard told police that Raju had stripped the child, made her sit on his lap and was trying to molest her. "The girl was holding Rs 30 in her hand and was crying. I rushed to her rescue. On seeing me, the accused tried to leave the girl and flee but I chased him and caught hold of his collar. I slapped the accused and also made a PCR call."
The statement said: "The child was carrying a school bag and a water bottle. The accused told me that he lured the girl by offering her boiled eggs."
A case of molestation has been registered against Raju.
A police source said: "The parents of the child were called and a medical examination was conducted to ascertain if the accused had attempted rape. The report stated that she was not raped. It was found that the accused was misbehaving with the girl by touching her inappropriately."
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota