School guard arrested for molesting 3-year-old kindergarten student
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
A three-year-old girl, who is a kindergarten student at school in Vasant Kunj (North), was molested by the security guard of the school, police said on Wednesday.
Raju was caught by the security guard of another school in the neighbourhood and later handed to police. He has been arrested and is in 14-day judicial custody at Tihar Jail.
After school hours on December 22, Raju lured the child after offering her food and took her to a secluded park in the area, police said.
In his statement to police, the guard who caught Raju said: "A man who works as driver told me that someone was misbehaving with a child in Vasant Vatika park, which is next to the school. I immediately went to the spot and saw that a man was sitting naked inside a dry pool with the girl."
The guard told police that Raju had stripped the child, made her sit on his lap and was trying to molest her. "The girl was holding Rs 30 in her hand and was crying. I rushed to her rescue. On seeing me, the accused tried to leave the girl and flee but I chased him and caught hold of his collar. I slapped the accused and also made a PCR call."
The statement said: "The child was carrying a school bag and a water bottle. The accused told me that he lured the girl by offering her boiled eggs."
A case of molestation has been registered against Raju.
A police source said: "The parents of the child were called and a medical examination was conducted to ascertain if the accused had attempted rape. The report stated that she was not raped. It was found that the accused was misbehaving with the girl by touching her inappropriately."
Police are trying to ascertain if Raju has previous similar cases against him. "In most such cases, the accused are habitual offenders. The accused had been working in the area for over a year. We have registered a case and investigation is underway," police said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties