School kids give ‘thank you’ cards to firemen
- Concept of marital rape cannot be applied in India: Centre
- VIDEO: Out of control unmanned Russian spacecraft plunging to Earth
- Rahul Gandhi accuses govt of not procuring farmers produce
- Coal scam: CBI files charge sheet against Naveen Jindal, 14 others
- Quake victims vent their anger during PM Koirala's visit; toll tops 6,000
On Monday, 20 Peace Club students of DAV Sr Sec School, Sector 8, Chandigarh visited Fire Station, Sector 17 with self-made 'Thank You' cards and flowers to express their gratitute towards the fire personnel as a part of 'Thanks Giving Week'. On the occasion, Madan Lal Sharma, Station Fire Officer explained to students about the services firemen provide to people, at times even risking their lives to save others.
The initiative was organized by Yuvsatta - an NGO, to instill in young children a spirit of gratitude towards those who sincerely serve us. "By participating in such initiatives, young ones will clearly understand the importance of helping others," said Vibha Ray, the principal of DAV Sr Sec School.
Pramod Sharma, the coordinator of Yuvsatta, said that this week, students of Peace Clubs of various schools of the city will be presenting such 'Thank You' cards and flowers to encourage those serving society, like traffic policemen, fire brigade personnel, police officials, municipal staff, doctors in dispensaries or hospitals, defence and para-military personnel, postmen, schools' transport drivers and sanitation workers etc., whose work helps to sustain and build healthy communities.