School notes: Loksatta Yashasvi Bhava book distribution
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Happy with Varun's praise, says Rahul; Sonia files nomination from Rae Bareli
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- SpiceJet can't sell tickets at Re 1, it is malpractice, says DGCA
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- Five killed as 8.2 magnitude earthquake jolts Chile; tsunami alert issued
A Loksatta-Yashasvi Bhava book distribution programme was held at TMC Hall in Kisan Nagar-Wagle Estate, Thane (West). The programme was to distribute Loksatta- Yashasvi Bhava books to standard 10th students. The books were sponsored by MLA of Thane Eknath Shinde. Around 1,200 students benefited.
Students of TMC School 1, Padwal Vidyalaya, M.K. Nakhwa High School, TMC School 5 and Sant Asaram Bapu Vidyalaya benefited. Mr Shinde said: "Yashasvi Bhava is the key to your success. This is the best book Loksatta has come up with and I am sure it will help all students taking the ssc board exam. It is my pleasure that Loksatta has given me an opportunity to be part of the drive. I promise I will help students from economically weaker backgrounds."
'Youphoria 2012' interschool competition students of Sarvajanik Shikshan Sanstha's Lokmanya Tilak English High School, Mulund (West), participated in 'Youphoria 2012' interschool competition organised by B.S.K.B. Association on 30th September 2012 in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Our students participated in all contests — singing, elocution, quiz and creative writing.
Sanika Sameer Khadkikar from Std. VIII-C won the first prize in elocution in Mumbai district. She spoke on 'Technology — Curse or boon'.
The headmistress of Lokmanya Tilak English High School congratulated her on the achievenment.
Vivek V. Deshpande, chairman of Lokmanya Tilak English High School, congratulated Sanika. He said more students should take part in such competitions. He congratulated staff and parents for putting in so much effort for development of children.
Science exhibition at Vidyaniketan English School
A Science exhibition was held on 18th October 2012 in Vidyaniketan English School by students of Std. VIII.
Students made models of periscope, solar system and space debris, plant cell, animal cell, and specimens of parrot, amoeba, Bombay Duck, rohu and types of magnets.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies