- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Master Chef event in DPS, Mathura Road
Master Chef is one of the activities in the calendar of the Junior Wing of Delhi Public School, Mathura Road. The students and the teachers of Classes IV and V took part whole heartedly in the event. This year, Class IV displayed cuisines of different states of India such as Rajasthan, Kashmir, West Bengal, Gujarat, UP, and Punjab.
Class V students displayed cuisines of various countries such as China, Japan, Thailand, Mexico, Lebanon and Spain.
The event was not just about cuisines. Each and every student along with their teachers showcased the rich culture of that region in the form of costumes, handicrafts, monuments, music, dance, etc. The children also learned how to serve a particular dish, table manners and etiquette.
The best part of the activity was that the students not only learnt about a particular region but also about the nutritive and caloric value of the food.
Grandparents' Day at Mount Carmel School
Mount Carmel Junior School, Anand Niketan, celebrated Grandparents' Day on September 21. The Headmistress S P Pearlson welcomed the grandparents and enlightened them about the principles and values of Mount Carmel.
The programme began with an opening. The nursery students presented two special songs for their grandparents. They also performed two foot-tapping dance numbers to express their love for their grandparents. The programme ended with a special game for grandparents, which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. The nursery children presented their grandparents with mementos specially prepared by them. Later, the grandparents interacted with the teachers.
Melting boundaries at ASN Sr Sec School
ASN Sr Sec School, Mayur Vihar, held their Annual Day function of Primary Wing on October 29. The theme of the day was "Around the Globe". The chief guest for the occasion was S K Goel, Director General, ICCR, and his wife Shalini Goel.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility