- Congress has old habit of destabilising popular governments, says Rajnath
- Bihar: Ten CRPF commandos killed in Naxal IED blast
- OPINION | Shah Faesal writes: Between the studio and the street
- GOP for securing Pakistan nuclear arsenal; calls India its ally
- Arun Jaitley interview: Huge banking reforms underway, been able to strike consensus on GST Bill
Master Chef event in DPS, Mathura Road
Master Chef is one of the activities in the calendar of the Junior Wing of Delhi Public School, Mathura Road. The students and the teachers of Classes IV and V took part whole heartedly in the event. This year, Class IV displayed cuisines of different states of India such as Rajasthan, Kashmir, West Bengal, Gujarat, UP, and Punjab.
Class V students displayed cuisines of various countries such as China, Japan, Thailand, Mexico, Lebanon and Spain.
The event was not just about cuisines. Each and every student along with their teachers showcased the rich culture of that region in the form of costumes, handicrafts, monuments, music, dance, etc. The children also learned how to serve a particular dish, table manners and etiquette.
The best part of the activity was that the students not only learnt about a particular region but also about the nutritive and caloric value of the food.
Grandparents' Day at Mount Carmel School
Mount Carmel Junior School, Anand Niketan, celebrated Grandparents' Day on September 21. The Headmistress S P Pearlson welcomed the grandparents and enlightened them about the principles and values of Mount Carmel.
The programme began with an opening. The nursery students presented two special songs for their grandparents. They also performed two foot-tapping dance numbers to express their love for their grandparents. The programme ended with a special game for grandparents, which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. The nursery children presented their grandparents with mementos specially prepared by them. Later, the grandparents interacted with the teachers.
Melting boundaries at ASN Sr Sec School
ASN Sr Sec School, Mayur Vihar, held their Annual Day function of Primary Wing on October 29. The theme of the day was "Around the Globe". The chief guest for the occasion was S K Goel, Director General, ICCR, and his wife Shalini Goel.
- There is an urgent need for India to reclaim 'national interest' from its national media
- India's institutionalised monetary policy framework has to be taken to its logical conclusion
- The carnage in Nice leaves the French in a state of vulnerability
- Donald Trump has shaken core principles of both Republicans and Democrats
- Hindutva’s textbook rewriting project recasts history in binaries
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago