- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
St Mark's School, Meera Bagh, wins Asia-Europe award
It is a proud moment for St Mark's School, Meera Bagh as it was conferred the AEC Gold award in recognition for its outstanding achievement in developing innovative and beneficial online learning projects for students in Asia and Europe. The award is for the online collaborative project— Windows to the Past-A Glimpse into our Heritage. Students and teachers from 12 countries worked together to share the beauty of the rich heritage of their countries.
The project lasted for six months and covered different aspects of heritage — cuisine, monuments, legends, traditions to name a few. The website www.windows2dpast.webs.com was designed by the students of Asia and Europe giving them an opportunity to present the heritage of their country in the most creative manner. The Gold Award carries a cash award of 2,000 Euros along with certificates for all participating schools.
Republic Day event at Abhinav Public School
Abhinav Public School, CU Block, Pitampura, celebrated Republic Day with patriotic fervor. Sita Ram, Chairman, Maharaja Agarsen International Hospital and Vinod Bansal, CA, Managing Director, GAAP, unfurled the Tricolour. Students sang patriotic songs and danced to patriotic numbers. The school resounded with the slogans of Bharat Mata Ki Jai. All students took a pledge to serve the nation. School head S K Jha congratulated the students and staff.
Republic Day celebrations at Banyan Tree School
Banyan Tree School celebrated the 64th Republic Day with great enthusiasm and fervor. The morning assembly commenced with the hoisting of the National Flag followed by a marchpast by the students of Classes XI and X. Students gave inspirational speeches urging the student body to work towards their goals with pride and to always uphold the honour of their motherland. This was followed by a colourful dance performance and mass aerobics display by students.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today