School summer vacations to begin from Monday
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
There is some good news for children and parents. Summer vacations in schools, which were earlier scheduled from June 1 to 30, have been preponed. The state education department has decided to give children a break from the scorching heat from this Monday.
According to sources, deputy commissioners of several districts wrote to Education Minister Dr Upinderjit Kaur requesting her to prepone the vacations due to the ongoing heat wave and long powercuts. Some educational institutes had also changed the timings by starting an hour earlier.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Deendayal Upadhyaya transformed the Jana Sangh into a cadre party.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue