School summer vacations to begin from Monday
- Bengal unit of Congress in a fix after it tweets out controversial Rajiv quote
- Thank You, PV Sindhu
- Those who consider India their country should treat cow as mother: Jharkhand CM
- India should be a lot bolder in meeting military needs of Afghanistan: Hamid Karzai
- Army seizes weapons after encounter on Myanmar border
There is some good news for children and parents. Summer vacations in schools, which were earlier scheduled from June 1 to 30, have been preponed. The state education department has decided to give children a break from the scorching heat from this Monday.
According to sources, deputy commissioners of several districts wrote to Education Minister Dr Upinderjit Kaur requesting her to prepone the vacations due to the ongoing heat wave and long powercuts. Some educational institutes had also changed the timings by starting an hour earlier.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility