School summer vacations to begin from Monday
- Take our 'successes' to the people: PM Modi tells BJP MPs
- AgustaWestland case: Within days, Haschke and Khaitan joined board of Emaar-MGF
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab F-16 deal: US
- Govt defers Agusta-Tata joint venture; FIPB took decision on April 8, day after Milan verdict
- Coal scam: CBI officer’s note on corruption by colleagues set to enter SC tomorrow
There is some good news for children and parents. Summer vacations in schools, which were earlier scheduled from June 1 to 30, have been preponed. The state education department has decided to give children a break from the scorching heat from this Monday.
According to sources, deputy commissioners of several districts wrote to Education Minister Dr Upinderjit Kaur requesting her to prepone the vacations due to the ongoing heat wave and long powercuts. Some educational institutes had also changed the timings by starting an hour earlier.
- Maharashtra’s social contract is fraying. Its political elites cannot comprehend, or handle, the situation
- ‘Masaan’ and ‘Nil Battey Sanatta’ frame the true meaning of empowerment
- Banks must look at rural and semi-urban markets to expand their network
- India must prepare for a potential discontinuity in America’s foreign relations
- Hate campaigns against Christians go unchecked in the Modi regime
- ‘Gurugram’ seeks to return to some imagined monkish moment