School to be named after Delhi gangrape victim
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
A primary school in the native village of the Delhi gangrape victim will be named after her as a mark of tribute to the braveheart.
Announcing this on Tuesday, village head said the decision was taken in accordance with the wishes of the village and girl's family members.
A meeting of the village panchayat will soon be convened to complete the related formalities, he said.
Girl's family have also demanded construction of a memorial for her, besides initiation of other development works in the village.