Schoolgirl lured by alleged rapist on Facebook says, 'first they got physically intimate, then they tortured and tagged me prostitute'
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Two men, alleged rapists, are cousins and work with MNCs
A 17-year-old girl has alleged that she was lured into a relationship by two cousins who initially got physically involved with her and then "mentally tortured" her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her a "prostitute". The girl told police that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice.
Naveen Singh Khetwal (24) and his cousin Rajesh (24), both MNC employees and resident of Sarojini Nagar, were arrested after a complaint against them was registered on December 31. A case of outraging a woman's modesty, rape and under Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, was registered against them. They are in a 14-day judicial custody, police said.
The victim, a Class XII student of a public school, said she met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen reportedly introduced her to Rajesh. "Rajesh used to call me everyday, but we met only once in a fortnight. Then he suddenly called off the friendship in March 2012, after which I used to remain very depressed," the complaint said. The girl alleged that taking advantage of her vulnerability, Naveen proposed to her. "Naveen used to call me occasionally to console me. I was incapable of understanding his motives and intentions and agreed to his proposal. He took me to his friend's place in Safdarjung Enclave on July 24 and offered me a drink laced with sedatives. On drinking it, I felt dizzy and, thereafter, he took advantage of me," the girl said in her complaint.
She alleged that Naveen broke up with her in September. "I was shocked because of the break-up and met Rajesh the next day. He took advantage of my innocence and depressed state of mind and raped me. That evening, Naveen again rang me up and I told him about my meeting with Rajesh, after which he started abusing me," the complaint said.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it