Schoolgirl lured by alleged rapist on Facebook says, 'first they got physically intimate, then they tortured and tagged me prostitute'
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Two men, alleged rapists, are cousins and work with MNCs
A 17-year-old girl has alleged that she was lured into a relationship by two cousins who initially got physically involved with her and then "mentally tortured" her by sharing her number with their friends and labelling her a "prostitute". The girl told police that the incident pushed her into depression and she attempted suicide twice.
Naveen Singh Khetwal (24) and his cousin Rajesh (24), both MNC employees and resident of Sarojini Nagar, were arrested after a complaint against them was registered on December 31. A case of outraging a woman's modesty, rape and under Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, was registered against them. They are in a 14-day judicial custody, police said.
The victim, a Class XII student of a public school, said she met Naveen through Facebook in September 2011. Naveen reportedly introduced her to Rajesh. "Rajesh used to call me everyday, but we met only once in a fortnight. Then he suddenly called off the friendship in March 2012, after which I used to remain very depressed," the complaint said. The girl alleged that taking advantage of her vulnerability, Naveen proposed to her. "Naveen used to call me occasionally to console me. I was incapable of understanding his motives and intentions and agreed to his proposal. He took me to his friend's place in Safdarjung Enclave on July 24 and offered me a drink laced with sedatives. On drinking it, I felt dizzy and, thereafter, he took advantage of me," the girl said in her complaint.
She alleged that Naveen broke up with her in September. "I was shocked because of the break-up and met Rajesh the next day. He took advantage of my innocence and depressed state of mind and raped me. That evening, Naveen again rang me up and I told him about my meeting with Rajesh, after which he started abusing me," the complaint said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress