Science express to chug into Delhi Cantt station on Sunday
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Science Express-Biodiversity Special (SEBS) train will reach Delhi Cantonment railway station on Sunday. The innovative science express, which showcases fact about biodiversity and climate, will be at Delhi Cantt station till Wednesday.
The mobile science exhibition is mounted on a specially designed 16-coach air-conditioned train, which travels across the country.
"The Science Express-Biodiversity Special train is now making its way through North India. The aim is to create awareness on the biodiversity of India, climate change, and the need for water and energy conservation. The train is huge crowdpuller and is a hit among students," Neeraj Sharma, spokesperson Northern Railway, said.
The train, at present, is in its Phase V and will be on tracks from June 5 to January 13 next year. In the current phase, the SEBS is scheduled to travel to 57 locations across India. The train will also present exhibitions on legacy of the Science Express as well as the extremely popular VASCSC Joy of Science hands-on lab. There will also be a teachers' training facility. The mobile exhibition will be open to all from 10 am to 5 pm.
After the halt at Delhi Cantonment, the train will travel to Durgapura Jaipur, Bhagat Ki Kothi (Jodhpur), Barmer and Ahmedabad.