Scientology helped me quit drugs: Kirstie Alley
- Srinagar on edge as Masarat Alam is arrested before Tral protest
- Modi should behave like a PM, not an RSS 'pracharak': Congress
- Vehicles set ablaze in Kolkata suburb after death of councillor's brother
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
Actress Kirstie Alley has revealed that Scientology played a very important role in helping her overcoming a severe addiction to drugs.
The 61-year-old, who claims to have had secret affair with John Travolta and Patrick Swayze, said that her cocaine use nearly took her life as she feared of taking an overdose each time, reported New York Post.
"I thought I was going to overdose almost every time. I would snort the coke, then I would sit there, I'd take my pulse (thinking), 'I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying.' Who would keep doing it?" she said.
The actress also said that it was when her friend encouraged her to read "Dianetics"- one of the many Scientology "Bibles" - that she was able to free herself from her addiction.
"Somehow I got through the book, and I thought either Scientology is the world's biggest scam, or I thought this is how I am going to get rid of this hideous compulsion," she added.