Scientology helped me quit drugs: Kirstie Alley
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Actress Kirstie Alley has revealed that Scientology played a very important role in helping her overcoming a severe addiction to drugs.
The 61-year-old, who claims to have had secret affair with John Travolta and Patrick Swayze, said that her cocaine use nearly took her life as she feared of taking an overdose each time, reported New York Post.
"I thought I was going to overdose almost every time. I would snort the coke, then I would sit there, I'd take my pulse (thinking), 'I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying.' Who would keep doing it?" she said.
The actress also said that it was when her friend encouraged her to read "Dianetics"- one of the many Scientology "Bibles" - that she was able to free herself from her addiction.
"Somehow I got through the book, and I thought either Scientology is the world's biggest scam, or I thought this is how I am going to get rid of this hideous compulsion," she added.