Scientology helped me quit drugs: Kirstie Alley
- With Air Force flypast, Republic Day parade concludes at Rajpath
- Republic Day celebrations pass off peacefully in Kashmir
- India, France talk tough on terror, stuck on Rafale price
- Continue to complain, rebel, demand, President Pranab Mukherjee tells nation
- Tamil Nadu suicides: College owner turns herself in
Actress Kirstie Alley has revealed that Scientology played a very important role in helping her overcoming a severe addiction to drugs.
The 61-year-old, who claims to have had secret affair with John Travolta and Patrick Swayze, said that her cocaine use nearly took her life as she feared of taking an overdose each time, reported New York Post.
"I thought I was going to overdose almost every time. I would snort the coke, then I would sit there, I'd take my pulse (thinking), 'I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying.' Who would keep doing it?" she said.
The actress also said that it was when her friend encouraged her to read "Dianetics"- one of the many Scientology "Bibles" - that she was able to free herself from her addiction.
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- Minority status for AMU?
- What we do with Parliament building will powerfully signify who we are, how we view our past, where we see ourselves going
- AIR’s decision to share its rich archives through an online radio station is welcome
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?