Scientology helped me quit drugs: Kirstie Alley
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Actress Kirstie Alley has revealed that Scientology played a very important role in helping her overcoming a severe addiction to drugs.
The 61-year-old, who claims to have had secret affair with John Travolta and Patrick Swayze, said that her cocaine use nearly took her life as she feared of taking an overdose each time, reported New York Post.
"I thought I was going to overdose almost every time. I would snort the coke, then I would sit there, I'd take my pulse (thinking), 'I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying.' Who would keep doing it?" she said.
The actress also said that it was when her friend encouraged her to read "Dianetics"- one of the many Scientology "Bibles" - that she was able to free herself from her addiction.
"Somehow I got through the book, and I thought either Scientology is the world's biggest scam, or I thought this is how I am going to get rid of this hideous compulsion," she added.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students