Scientology helped me quit drugs: Kirstie Alley
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Actress Kirstie Alley has revealed that Scientology played a very important role in helping her overcoming a severe addiction to drugs.
The 61-year-old, who claims to have had secret affair with John Travolta and Patrick Swayze, said that her cocaine use nearly took her life as she feared of taking an overdose each time, reported New York Post.
"I thought I was going to overdose almost every time. I would snort the coke, then I would sit there, I'd take my pulse (thinking), 'I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying.' Who would keep doing it?" she said.
The actress also said that it was when her friend encouraged her to read "Dianetics"- one of the many Scientology "Bibles" - that she was able to free herself from her addiction.
"Somehow I got through the book, and I thought either Scientology is the world's biggest scam, or I thought this is how I am going to get rid of this hideous compulsion," she added.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18