Screen Awards 2013: Best Director
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
Nominations are: Anurag Basu (Barfi!), Anurag Kashyap (Gangs Of Wasseypur), Shoojit Sircar (Vicky Donor), Sujoy Ghosh (Kahaani), Tigmanshu Dhulia (Paan Singh Tomar)
This is such great news! Thank God, I am not a part of this year's jury because I am sure it must have been really tough to even finalise the nominations in this category. 2012 was an amazing year for Hindi films because we saw so many good films. I am very happy to be nominated in this category with such wonderful films. Moreover, I am also very glad for all the technicians, who have been nominated because they really put in a lot of hard work. I am keeping my fingers crossed this time because during Life In A Metro, we had 13 nominations, but won only two. I hope we win more this year for Barfi!
– Anurag Basu (Barfi!)
I am very materialistic and I love awards! In school, I never came first or second, so it feels great to be nominated, and that too bag 13 nominations for Kahaani! My entire team will be so happy to hear this because they have worked extremely hard. You feel so good when you get such good feedback from the audience, critics and on top of that, get nominated for such prestigious awards. The critics gave a very honest feedback about my previous film (Aladin) and that influenced me to come out with a better film with Kahaani.
– Sujoy Ghosh (Kahaani)
It is nice to see so many nominations for our film. It feels like we did something right. The credit should go to Viacom18, all the crew and actors who believed and backed this madness. Who cares whether I win or not. It has been a great year for our cinema, and it is great to see good films nominated. I wish even Gauri (Shinde) and Reema (Kagti) were nominated along side us. And wish to see some absolutely new voices next year.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'