Screen Awards 2013: Best Film
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Nominations 2012: Barfi!, English Vinglish, Gangs Of Wasseypur, Kahaani, Paan Singh Tomar, Vicky Donor
We were very, very passionate about both Barfi! and Paan Singh Tomar. Barfi! is a film that has been born out of Anurag Basu completely, and we were bowled over when he narrated the story. It was a four-hour long narration; what you see on-screen is exactly what he had told us. Every one — from the actors to the DOP to the spot boy to the music directors — put their heart and soul in the film, and that's the reason the film has got all this appreciation.
Paan Singh Tomar is (also) a film that we backed all the way. When Tigmanshu (Dhulia, film-maker) narrated it to us, we realised that we had a wonderful ready-made real-life story. Everyone was charged while working for the film. We even shot in the ravines of Chambal for several days. Tigmanshu and Irrfan (Khan, actor) put their blood and sweat literally into the film. The movie got so much appreciation and acclaim that I am really proud of it.
– Siddharth Roy Kapur, Managing Director, Studios -- Disney UTV (Barfi! and Paan Singh Tomar)
I am honoured that Vicky Donor has been nominated in the Best Film category. It should win!
— John Abraham, John Abraham Entertainment (Vicky Donor)
We are very proud to have produced Vicky Donor and I thank Screen for nominating this film in the Best Film category. We believe in concept-driven films, and Vicky Donor veered away from the tried and tested formula. The unusual subject, screenplay and the interesting characters backed by the directorial talent of Shoojit Sircar attracted us to the project. I am glad it struck a chord across audiences, and was also acclaimed by the critics.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words