Scribe hurt in scuffle with cops
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
In a scuffle that occurred between police personnel and some journalists who had gone to cover a suicide incident at a private hospital at Broad street, a reporter of a Bengali television channel was severely beaten and was admitted to a hospital.
Following the incident, the media persons complained to the Commissioner of the Kolkata Police R K Pachnanda, who assured action against the guilty police personnel.
A police complaint was also filed at the Karaya police station against the police.
The incident happened when Arabinda Chakraborty, an aged psychiatric patient admitted in a private nursing home at Broad street, allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the balcony of the hospital room. Chakraborty was taken to SSKM hospital where he was declared dead, said police.