Scribes’ body wants ‘paid news’ during state polls probed
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Delhi Union of Journalists on Tuesday expressed serious concern over reports of "octopus-like" grip of "paid news" in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls and demanded inquiry as well as action to check the practice.
"Paid news is a blot not only on the press but also to the democratic process," the DUJ said in a statement.