Scribes’ body wants ‘paid news’ during state polls probed
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
Delhi Union of Journalists on Tuesday expressed serious concern over reports of "octopus-like" grip of "paid news" in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls and demanded inquiry as well as action to check the practice.
"Paid news is a blot not only on the press but also to the democratic process," the DUJ said in a statement.