Sean Paul sued by ex-girlfriend
- Subrata Roy faces 'ink attack' outside SC, seeks more time to refund Sahara investors' money
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
R&B star Sean Paul has been hit with an USD 80 million lawsuit from a former lover.
Susanne Persson filed papers at Manhattan Supreme Court in New York late last month, alleging the 'Gimme The Light' hitmaker had her illegally deported from Jamaica and drove her to attempt suicide, reported New York Post.
In the documents, she claims, "I had tried to kill myself, losing more than one litre of blood from a cut on my wrist. I had shown the pictures of the cuts to Sean over the Internet. I feel he should see what he had caused."
Persson made the alleged attempt on her life in June, 2010, a day before she was deported back to her native Sweden by officials.
She claims Paul "bribed Jamaican police" to kick her out of the country - an allegation the star's representative denies.
Attorney Tom Taveres-Finson said, "He would not have the power to do that."
Persson is seeking USD 80 million in damages from Paul, his road manager Steve Wilson, and the star's label, Atlantic Records.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore