Sean Paul sued by ex-girlfriend
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
R&B star Sean Paul has been hit with an USD 80 million lawsuit from a former lover.
Susanne Persson filed papers at Manhattan Supreme Court in New York late last month, alleging the 'Gimme The Light' hitmaker had her illegally deported from Jamaica and drove her to attempt suicide, reported New York Post.
In the documents, she claims, "I had tried to kill myself, losing more than one litre of blood from a cut on my wrist. I had shown the pictures of the cuts to Sean over the Internet. I feel he should see what he had caused."
Persson made the alleged attempt on her life in June, 2010, a day before she was deported back to her native Sweden by officials.
She claims Paul "bribed Jamaican police" to kick her out of the country - an allegation the star's representative denies.
Attorney Tom Taveres-Finson said, "He would not have the power to do that."
Persson is seeking USD 80 million in damages from Paul, his road manager Steve Wilson, and the star's label, Atlantic Records.