Season for Love
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
What started as a tribute to Yash Chopra may have ended as a party that not only brought the biggest stars of Bollywood under one roof, but also got some of them to leave behind old animosities. The Jab Tak Hai Jaan premiere in Mumbai on Monday evening was attended by nearly every member of the industry, including the entire Bachchan family, Aamir Khan with wife Kiran Rao, Dilip Kumar with Saira Banu, Hrithik Roshan with wife Suzanne and parents Pinky and Rakesh Roshan, Madhuri Dixit-Nene with husband Sriram Nene, Anil Kapoor and daughter Sonam Kapoor, Boney Kapoor with Sridevi, Ashutosh Gowariker and Farah Khan. Even Salman Khan, who had been supporting his good friend Ajay Devgn, made a late entry.
However, the highlight, it is rumoured, was the patch up of the three mighty Khans. It is being said that Shah Rukh Khan, the lead actor in the film, was receiving guests alongside Yash Raj Films' scion Aditya Chopra and his rumoured partner Rani Mukerji, and leading ladies Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. He met both Aamir and Salman cordially.
Later, the three are supposed to have danced with Amitabh Bachchan, who tweeted the following day, "Danced my shoes off with all the youngsters... an amazing evening... spending time with Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh, Katrina and Anushka." Whether the trio put up a facade is something only time can tell.
The event itself was as grand as planned, with white and red — the two colours of the YRF logo — as the theme. Most leading ladies as well as men who have worked with the banner marked their attendance including Rekha, Juhi Chawla, Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra. While Ajay Devgn and Kajol were missing, Son of Sardaar's leading lady Sonakshi Sinha's mother Poonam attended on behalf of the family.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express