Sebastian Vettel seals historic treble at dramatic Brazilian GP
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
Vettel and Alonso were locked in a tense title battle with the German in fifth position right at the back of the Spaniard.
Some debris on the track resulted Nico Rosberg suffering a puncture and it brought Safety Car into the race. Hulkenberg straight away went to the pit lane and held his lead from Button, who too went to pits at the same time.
However, it erased Hulkenberg and Button's huge 47-second lead from the rest of the field.
The Force India driver started to struggle with his tyres and his gap with Hamilton began to reduce. In lap 49, at turn six, the German slipped a bit and it was enough for Hamilton to snatch back the race lead.
However, disaster was waiting for Hamilton as Hulkenberg tried to pass him at turn one in lap 54 but lost control, slid, hit him and broke Hamilton's front suspension, ending the Briton's race.
It pushed Alonso to third with Vettel at seventh at time and Button was leading the race. The rain started to lash the circuit and it became quite a challenge to drive under wet conditions.
Hulkenberg was handed a drive through penalty for colliding Hamilton's McLaren and with that he dropped to fifth.
Alonso moved to second and maintained that position as Paul di Resta's accident in lap 70 brought Safety Car for the second time in the race and the cars finished in the same position.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde