Sebi slaps Rs 5 lakh fine on Kanel Oil & Export Industries
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha polls: Voting picks up in NE states; 40 per cent turnout in Manipur till noon
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: It's in Cong's character to make false promises to win elections, says Modi on Shinde's turf
Sebi has slapped Rs 5 lakh penalty on Kanel Oil & Export Industries for alleged delay in redressal of investor grievances as well as in filing of the status report as directed by the market regulator.
"...hereby impose a consolidated monetary penalty of Rs 5 lakh on the noticee, namely Kanel Oil & Export Industries Ltd for violation of Section 15C and 15A (a) of the SEBI Act," Sebi (Securities and Exchange Board of India) said in its order dated December 6.
Section 15A of the Act pertains to penalty for failure to furnish information, return, etc and Section 15C relates to penalty for failure to redress investors' grievances.
The regulator said it had received 64 investor grievances pending against the company as on September 24, 2010.
However, Kanel Oil & Export Industries had resolved the investor complaints but there was inordinate delay on the part of the company in doing so, attracting penalty, Sebi said.
Earlier in 2003, Sebi had restrained the company and its directors from accessing the securities market and prohibited the from trading in the market directly or indirectly for non-redressal of investor grievances.
Besides, the regulator in 2011 had imposed a penalty of Rs 3 lakh on the company for delay in dematerialisation of its shares.
"Therefore, it is established that the default of the noticee (Kanel Oil & Export Industries) in redressing investor grievances is repetitive in nature," Sebi said in its latest order.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move