Second autopsy ordered after Kanpur girlís family alleges manipulation
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Police on Saturday decided to go for a second postmortem examination of the 22-year-old woman who was found hanging at her house in Naubasta locality of Kanpur on Friday after the first autopsy report stated that she died of strangulation.
The woman's family staged a protest outside the postmortem house alleging manipulation of the report. They demanded that second postmortem examination be conducted. Later, Kanpur district administration ordered second autopsy, which will be conducted by a panel of three doctors, said Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav.
On Friday, a "suicide note" was recovered from the room, where she was found hanging. The note stated that a local youth, Manish Mishra, was threatening to upload her obscene photographs on the Internet. Police said Mishra's three associates too were named in the "suicide note".
Sub-Inspector R K Singh of Naubasta police station said the suicide note will be examined to cross-check the handwriting. The woman's marriage was scheduled in February, police added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express