Second autopsy ordered after Kanpur girlís family alleges manipulation
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
Police on Saturday decided to go for a second postmortem examination of the 22-year-old woman who was found hanging at her house in Naubasta locality of Kanpur on Friday after the first autopsy report stated that she died of strangulation.
The woman's family staged a protest outside the postmortem house alleging manipulation of the report. They demanded that second postmortem examination be conducted. Later, Kanpur district administration ordered second autopsy, which will be conducted by a panel of three doctors, said Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav.
On Friday, a "suicide note" was recovered from the room, where she was found hanging. The note stated that a local youth, Manish Mishra, was threatening to upload her obscene photographs on the Internet. Police said Mishra's three associates too were named in the "suicide note".
Sub-Inspector R K Singh of Naubasta police station said the suicide note will be examined to cross-check the handwriting. The woman's marriage was scheduled in February, police added.