Sector 22 shootout: Four sent to judicial custody
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
The UT police is on a look out for the three accused, who allegedly fired at four people at the dividing road of Sectors 22 and 23 on December 3 in a cross-fire. The police said that there were a dozen cases each against the three, who were now absconding.
A local court sent four others accused in the case, Satwant Singh Sohi, Taranjit Singh, Gurpreet Singh and Mandeep Singh, to judicial custody on Friday. Harwinder Singh, who had suffered some injuries, was sent to judicial custody on December 6.
"We had visited the houses of the accused, Rachpal Singh, Arshdeep Singh and Jaspreet Singh in Barnala. They have not come home since the shoot out," said Sub-Inspector Ram Rattan of Sector 22 police post. "The three are also accused in the murder case of Akali leader Malkit Singh Keetu," he added.
The police have also recovered the license of Tarajit's gun, which is yet to be verified. On December 3 night, two groups from Barnala ended up in a cross fire after a dispute over borrowing a car between one of the three who is now absconding and Sohi.
- ‘We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he steadied the ship’
- Cops claim body was lifted from crime scene within 20 mins, family says it’s a lie
- After opening loss CSK face resurgent Daredevils
- Kirsten has given me new insight, says Coulter-Nile
- Nomination filed, the other Manpreet Badal goes missing
- M&M keep it sweet for punjab