Security alert in city after Hyderabad blasts
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Following the blasts in Hyderabad, a security alert was sounded in Pune from Thursday night and vigilance in the city increased.
M B Tambade, deputy commissioner of police (special branch), said, "We have retained security arrangements made for the bandh and have also made some additions."
He said, "Police stations have been put on alert and fixed-point bandobast made at sensitive locations. We have stepped up vigilance at crowded places through intense patrolling."
Police stepped up security across Pune city on Thursday.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’