Security beefed up at varsity
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Confirming the President's arrival, Dr H S Sehgal, additional director, communications, PAU, said: "Preparations are going on in full swing. We are in regular touch with Rashtrapati Bhawan and President is expected to land in PAU at 12 noon at helipad and would leave for Delhi from PAU at around 3.30 pm." Stringent security measures have already been made operational at PAU main gates number 1 and 2 by the Ludhiana police. While PAU gate number 1 has been closed till Nov 27 for common people, people can enter through gate number 2. Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal was reportedly in the PAU campus for a short time on Saturday to overlook the arrangements.