Security firm's property attached for service tax default
- Coal blocks allocation scam: CBI questions key PM advisor TKA Nair
- Vladimir Putinâs âenvoyâ seeks India deals to counter Western sanctions
- Malaysia asks US to provide undersea surveillance equipment to search for the missing Malaysian plane
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP Barmer nominee
- Elections LIVE: BJP leader Jaswant Singh likely to contest as an Independent; Arvind Kejriwal shown black flags in Faridabad
The Service Tax department has attached a property owned by Tops Security, a leading private security firm for payment default of Rs 10 crore, an official said.
"We have attached a five-storey building in Goregoan, which belongs to Tops Security," a Service Tax official said here today.
According to Sameer Wankhede, the Deputy Commissioner of Service Tax, a notice on attachment of the property had been served to Tops Security.
The security firm owned by Rahul Nanda, was a regular defaulter, he said.
Tops Security defaulted on the tax on the amount they received for providing security. The initial defaulted money by the firm is Rs 10 crore, while another Rs 10 crore was added as interest. Besides Rs 90 lakh were added on recurring basis every month, the official said.
"We have recovered over Rs 20 crore from those who have taken services from Tops Security, while for the amount that he has defaulted every month his property was attached," said a source.
Meanwhile, the Service Tax department also registered a case against Tigmanshu Dhulia, director of award-winning Bollywood film 'Paan Singh Tomar'.
Anybody who receives any professional fee as directors or writers is liable to pay service tax and Dhulia had defaulted on Rs 47 lakh, the official said.
Summons was served on the director. After he responded to the summons his statement were recorded and he paid the defaulted amount recently.
- Letter of the Week: Summer of discontent
- Youth’s murder may hamper JMM candidate’s prospects
- Valley, local students clash at Rajasthan varsity
- Cong ship rocks as heavyweights jump to Oppn camp
- Don’t know accused: SC judge rejects hint of bias in murder case
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP nominee for Barmer